Wednesday, September 9, 2015

When I refer to 'God'.

As a 21st century social scientist, when I refer to God I am attempting to be respectful to the unknown and to the mysteries of creation.  I am being aware that I am one witness among billions of perspectives who each find unique meaning in any number of Gods.  I am aware that I am not the designer.  When I create a brilliant theory or witness an event and believe I understand… I can choose to remember that I am one witness among billions of witnesses.  I can choose be proud or I can choose to be serine, probably not both at once.  I can choose to seek meaning.  I can talk about what I believe I am witnessing.  I can seek feedback and I may or may not choose to expand my awareness.

I am not declaring my personal religion.


My personal religion can be understood by you… only as I choose to share with you my daily project of sorting out my leaving the home of my childhood, leaving the home of my parents, leaving the home of my nation, leaving the home of my culture and leaving the home my planet to find my personal orientation and relationship with where we all live and with each of your perspectives as we step along our mutual journey. 

I can think of many labels I might use.  I don’t think that would help you know me better.

CMB

No comments:

Post a Comment